This is a super easy photo corner you can make in a jiffy and change in many ways to your heart's content.
- Fire up Inkscape.
- From the side toolbar, choose the text tool.
- Select the Font Garamond, size 144, for the color, choose Black.
- Click on the canvas and make the capital letter O.
- Choose the Select or Arrow tool and select your O, drag one corner of the letter to make it even bigger. Now go to Edit, copy and paste 5 more copies of your original O.
- Click on each O and drag it to position it overlapping the original O, right next to it but forming a chain, repeat with another O to form the bottom of your corner and then, drag the other two Os to overlap the top of the original, to form the rest of the corner chain.
- Now, click on the Arrow tool again to choose it and drag a selection over all of your chain photo corner. You will see all of your Os selected. Now go to Object Group. This will join the links of your chain so that they will not come undone. Now go to File, Export Bitmap and choose PNG. Save your work.
- Fire up Gimp.
- Open your PNG file.
- Now choose the bucket fill and fill the chain corner with a pattern of your choice that you have preciously uploaded to be used in Gimp. Fill the chain photo corner element with the chosen pattern.
- Now Choose Script-Fu, Bevel and Emboss.
- Choose the following settings: Style: Outer Bevel; Depth: 5; Direction: Up; Gloss Contour: Linear; Highlight Color White; Shadow Color Black, and leave the rest as is.
- Click OK. Let it apply.
- Now go to Filters, Blur.
- Once the simple blur is applied, go to Layer, Merge Down.
- Now, go to File, Save as, Save File Tpe (By Extension) and choose PNG, then say yes to merging layers and exporting, and you're set.